Why does NZ creativity count?
Our creative industries give us people and products we can all be proud of. They generate billions of dollars and more than a hundred thousand jobs, not only in the creative industries, but increasingly as a key enabler of other sectors.
Aotearoa New Zealand has a wealth of creative potential – our creators and creative businesses are extraordinarily talented, and we are producing world leaders in multiple creative disciplines. We offer unique creative expressions and processes from our Māori and Pasifika cultures. The international reputations and earnings of our creators are growing and, in partnership with Government, we can do better.
Our creative sector has the potential to:
- Enrich the lives of all New Zealanders through our stories
- Drive growth in the digital age through innovation and productivity
- Generate high value jobs and outputs
- Confidently face the transformational future of work
- Offer new opportunities for small business and regional development
- Be sustainable and kind to the environment
- Export to global markets with few barriers
New Zealand’s future prosperity is reliant on a thriving creative sector.